Crab apples have been used for centuries as a natural way to treat a variety of ailments. The health benefits of crab apples are largely due to their high levels of antioxidants and vitamins. Here are three ways in which you can use crab apples to improve your health.
1. Crab apples can help boost your immune system.
The antioxidants in crab apples can help fight off infection and disease by boosting your immune system. If you’re feeling run down or susceptible to illness, try eating a few crab apples each day.
2. Crab apples can help improve digestion.
The high levels of fiber in crab apples can help improve digestion and prevent constipation. If you’re having trouble going to the bathroom, try eating a few crab apples each day.
3. Crab apples can help improve cardiovascular health.
However, in this post, we’ll talk about how do you strain crab apples?
Let’s find out!
How Do You Strain Crab Apples?
To strain crab apples, use a damp jelly bag or double layers of cheesecloth. Place the fruit in the bag or cheesecloth, and tie it closed. Hang the bag over a bowl, and allow the juice to drip into the bowl. Once all the juice has been extracted, discard the solids.
3 Best Strainers To Get
- Chef Craft Select Plastic Deep Colander
- ExcelSteel Heavy Duty Handles and Self-draining
- Cuisinart CTG-00-3MS Set of 3 Fine Set of Mesh Strainers
1) Want Clear Jelly?
To make clear jelly from crab apples, place them in a damp jelly bag or double layer of cheesecloth. If you want clear jelly, don’t squeeze the bag or cloth. Place the bag or cloth in a large pot, and add enough water to cover the fruit. Boil the mixture for 30 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool. Pour the liquid into a clean bowl, and refrigerate overnight. The next day, remove the solidified crab apple pulp from the bowl, and strain the liquid through a double layer of cheesecloth. Boil the liquid again, then pour into sterilized jars and seal.
2) Double Layer Cheesecloth
If you’re looking for a way to strain crab apples, cheesecloth is the way to go. Using double layers of cheesecloth will ensure that all the pulp and seeds are strained out, leaving you with nothing but pure, delicious crab apple juice.
Here’s how to do it:
1) Place the crab apples in a large pot or container.
2) Cover the crab apples with water.
3) Place two layers of cheesecloth over the top of the pot or container.
4) Secure the cheesecloth in place with a rubber band or string.
5) Let the mixture sit for 24 hours.
6) After 24 hours, remove the cheesecloth and discard it.
7) Enjoy your freshly strained crab apple juice!
3) Damp Jelly Bag
1. To strain crab apples, use a damp jelly bag. This will help to keep the fruit from sticking to the sides of the strainer and makes for an easier cleanup.
2. Place the crab apples in the strainer and pour boiling water over them. Use a spoon to mash the fruit and help release the juice.
3. Let the juice drain into a bowl or container for about 15 minutes. Then, gently squeeze the jelly bag to release any remaining juice. Discard the pulp and seeds.