As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Curtain are an essential part of any home or office decoration. Apart from keeping the interiors warm, they also help in blocking external noise and light apart from providing privacy to a room. The curtains which we use for our windows should be made from a high quality fabric so that it can last longer with proper care.
In this post, we’ll talk about should you put curtains over blinds?
Let’s find out!
Should You Put Curtains Over Blinds?
If you have a window in your bedroom that faces the rising sun, then you know how annoying it can be to wake up to bright light. Blinds are a great solution, but they can’t block out all of the light. Curtains are an alternative and they can solve the problem neatly. However, if you want to use curtains, then you need to put them over the blinds. Because than your windows can serve both the purposes.
To draw in a bit of wind or sunlight through the use of blind and completely block the sunlight and wind with the use of a curtain.
You might think that it looks ridiculous or that it’s not worth the effort. While this might be true, there are many reasons to do this rather than leaving your curtains open.
3 Best Blinds To Get
- Redi Shade Easy Lift Trim-At-Home Cordless
- US Window And Floor 2″ Faux Wood 70.125″ W x 36″ H
- Lotus & Windoware MLX2236WH Cordless1″ Vinyl Blind 22″ x 36″, White
1. Extra Depth In Design
The visual depth created by the overlapping of curtains over blinds is a well-known tool used by designers to create a greater sense of space in a room.
One of the primary functions of curtains is to provide privacy for a room, but today’s curtains go beyond that. From their design and colors to the material used, you can use them to turn your room into a more functional space. To do this, you should match your curtains and blinds with the design of your room.
2. Requirement Wise
Nowadays, interior designers use the curtains over blinds. But the curtains can bring a different look to your home.
This method is important if you want to bring a new look to your home. You should be aware of the benefits of using curtains over blinds. One main point is that you can easily upgrade or downgrade your curtains to make it more light or dark. You can also change the mood according to your requirements by using just the blinds, curtains or both at any given time.
You need to understand that these days; most people want to choose things according to their requirement and thus if you think curtains over blinds is a requirement than for sure you need to fulfill this design.
3. Quite Helpful At Times
While most of the living room window curtains are made with special materials to block the sun’s glare and heat, they still have a major disadvantage. The curtain can only cover 95% of your window. The remaining 5% will be left exposed and you’ll be forced to deal with the sun’s heat.
Blinds come in handy because they allow you to cover all your windows. There’s no need to install a curtain rod or hang another set of curtains. You can also control how much light and air comes into the house through them that’s why they’re quite useful when installed in combination with the curtains.