A well-stocked bedroom is essential for any home. Not only does it make the room look lived in and comfortable, but it also allows you to easily access your belongings. One of the best ways to achieve this is by having a chest of drawers. Not only do they look great, but they’re also a great way to organise your possessions.
Having a chest of drawers can help to organise your possessions. Instead of all your clothes being scattered around the room, they can be neatly stored away in one place. This makes it easy to find what you’re looking for and prevents clutter from taking over your space.
In this post, we’ll talk about what can I do with old chest of drawers?
Let’s find out!
What Can I Do With Old Chest Of Drawers?
If you’re looking for a way to make your old chest of drawers into a bathroom cabinet, there are several ways you can do this. One way is to remove the top drawer and replace it with a wall-mounted mirror. This will give you plenty of storage space for your toiletry items and make it easy to get ready in the morning.
Alternatively, you can install a medicine cabinet in the lower half of the drawer and fill it with all of the essentials – such as a toothbrush and toothpaste – needed when taking a bath or shower. If you have more than one bathroom in your house, using different colors or styles for each one can really help to personalize the space.
Finally, adding some cute accessories, like a towel rack or shower caddy, can give your bathroom an extra boost of personality.
3 Best Chest Of Drawers To Consider
- Dream on Me Universal 3 Drawers Chest
- YITAHOME Storage Tower Unit
- Prepac White Monterey 5 Drawer Chest
1. Porch Planter
Turning an old chest of drawers into a porch planter is the perfect way to spruce up your front entrance and add a touch of personality to your home. Not only will this project be cost-effective, but it will also look great! Here are three tips for making this happen:
1. Choose the right chest of drawers. If you have an old, wooden chest of drawers that is in good condition, by all means go for it! But if your drawer isn’t as sturdy as you’d like, consider choosing a more inexpensive option instead.
2. Paint or stain the drawer fronts. This step is optional, but can really give your planter a boost. There are many different patterns and colors to choose from, so feel free to get creative!
3. Utilize your newly built porch planter.
2. Jewelry Organizer
If you have an old chest of drawers that is just sitting around collecting dust and you don’t know what to do with it, now is the time to put it to use! You can make your old chest of drawers into a jewelry organizer by following these simple steps:
1. Have a plan in mind. Grab a pen and paper and draw a simple blueprint on how you’d like your chest of drawer to be utilized as a jewelry organizer.
2. Decide how much space you will need in your jewelry organizer for all of your items. Make sure to allow enough space for each type of item, such as bracelets, necklaces, rings, and earrings.
3. Under Bed Storage
If you have an old chest of drawers that is no longer being used or is just taking up space in your home, you can turn it into a handy storage solution under your bed. By following these simple steps, you can transform your old chest into a functional and clutter-free area under your bed.
1. Remove the drawers from the chest and clean them out. You can use this time to remove any broken pieces of furniture or hardware from inside the drawer.
2. Sandpaper each side of each drawer body to rough up the finish so that the wood will grip better when screws are added later on.