At some point, every perfume collector will have to use their perfume properly. Great perfume collection you have, but if you don’t know how to store them, they will lose their unique character.
In this post, we’ll talk about should perfume be kept in the dark or not?
Let’s find out in today’s post!
Should Perfume Be Kept In The Dark?
It is always better to store perfumes in cool place which is not exposed to sunlight.
Sunlight can reduce the longevity of your perfume. Also, the perfume should be kept in a clean and dry place. The best place to store perfume is on top of your wardrobe or in the cupboard.
However, if there’s a perfume that you use a lot it doesn’t make sense storing them again and again on a daily basis. This will actually defeat the purpose.
This strategy should be applied on perfume that you’re not currently using but plan to use it in the future when your current collection is empty.
3 Best Perfumes For Women
- Ariana Grande Cloud Eau de Parfum Spray ,clear ,3.4 oz
- LUCKY You Perfume for Women
- Vera Wang Princess Eau de Toilette Spray for Women, 3.4 Fl Ounce
3 Best Perfumes For Men
- Invictus by Paco Rabanne for Men 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
- The Dreamer by Versace for Men 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
- Nautica Voyage By Nautica For Men Eau De Toilette Spray, 100 ml
1. Losing Value
Perfume is a valuable product, it’s not only the scent that makes the perfume valuable but also the bottle.
People are willing to pay a lot of money for perfume, even if the scent is just alright. This can be because of the emotions that people link to the perfume or the scent.
It is because of the emotions that perfume has for people that it’s valuable. It’s important to keep the perfume in the dark to keep it’s value, because if it’s exposed to the light the light will break the molecules in the perfume and it will lose it’s value.
2. Lose Of Scent
1. Keep your perfume out of direct sunlight. Direct sunlight is the worst enemy of your perfume. The ultraviolet rays in sunlight can break down the scent of your perfume, so it is best to store your perfume in a cool, dark place.
2. Avoid extremely hot or cold temperatures. Extremely hot or cold temperatures can destroy the notes of your perfume, so try to avoid storing your perfume in an area that is exposed to these temperatures for extended periods of time.
3. Change Of Scent
It is a known fact that perfumes have a shelf life. The scent can change if you don’t store the perfume in the dark. All perfumes have a natural scent that is produced by the chemicals in the perfume.
The scent can be affected by temperature, light, and even the presence of oxygen. Oxygen can cause the scent to fade and the perfume to change.
Perfume contains different chemicals that react to oxygen and can change the scent. Light can also affect how a perfume smells. Ultraviolet light can break down the chemicals in a perfume and cause a significant change in the scent.