As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
In recent years, bath bombs have gained a lot of popularity. Surely, you’ve seen them on Instagram or Pinterest with your favorite bloggers; but what are they and what is the use of bath bombs?
In short, they are effervescent spheres with striking colors to use in the bathtub. Bath bombs only need a little water to begin their effect.
Bath bombs are made with baking soda, a cleansing and very soft ingredient for the skin that has been used safely for hundreds of years. In its natural form it is known as nahcolite and is part of the natural mineral natron. The ancient Egyptians used natron as soap.
A large amount of essential oils and butter is added to this bicarbonate. Many brands use from lavender to eucalyptus, through cocoa butter or avocado oil. Each bath pump is perfectly balanced and has cleansing and moisturizing properties for the skin. Having fun and relaxing should go hand in hand, so many of the bath bombs change the color of the water, have glitter, candies with clicks or even colored confetti. Bath bombs are used as revitalizers and help to relax tired muscles. The idea is to dip one in the bathtub and wait a few seconds until the effervescence begins and the water is dyed with super bright colors.
Created 30 years ago, bath bombs are undoubtedly a Star product. On her website, the creator of this phenomenon, Mo Constantine, says that her initial motivation was “to turn a normal bath into an experience that, of course, was not irritating to delicate skin.” The intention was to “put in the tub things that you would not normally find there, such as petals, butter, shells and essential oils; Great ingredients that are beneficial to the skin,” she adds.
Bath Bombs stimulate the senses and are revitalizing. According to aromatherapy, each fragrance has its own effects, the most relaxing can be chamomile, incense, rose, sandalwood and ylang, lavender is the one that most induces sleep; We can also find more cheerful and revitalizing aromas, such as peppermint or orange.
The connection between the production of serotonin in the brain has been demonstrated, this is known for its positive effects on psychological well-being and in fact it is usually called the happiness hormone. Bath bombs are an excellent idea for a relaxing time where one gets to release stress and boost serotonin production.
Among its many benefits we have:
- They help eliminate toxins from the body.
- They are anti-inflammatory.
- They are revitalizing and relax tired muscles.
- They also contain essential oils, which give them anti-inflammatory, relaxing or stimulating properties, and in the case of Lemon tea, they can have antifungal properties.
- They are relaxing and soothing.
- They are an excellent gift option.
Regarding its components:
- Baking soda has properties that act as a natural scrub capable of removing dead cells that can affect skin health.
- They soften the skin by removing dead cells.
- Fight the smells of perspiration.
- Coconut oil is an effective moisturizer, it helps keep skin hydrated and beautiful.
- Help in the treatment of conditions such as psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other infections.
- It contains fatty acids that restore the pH of the skin and is rapidly absorbed.
Now you know that they not only serve to color your bath.