A good headboard fit is important to ensure that your bed is comfortable. A poorly fitted headboard can cause neck and back pain, headaches, and other problems. Here are three tips for finding the right headboard fit:
1. Measure your bed. To find the right size, measure the width of your bed at the foot end and then add one inch for each side. This will give you a total measurement in inches. Next, measure the height of your bed from the floor to the top of the headboard.
2. Get a frame that matches your measurements. There are many different types of frames available on the market, so it’s important to find one that matches your measurements closely. Be sure to read reviews before making a purchase to make sure you’re getting a good quality frame.
3. Consider what type of headboard you want.
However, in this post, we’ll talk about why is there a gap between my mattress and headboard?
Let’s find out!
Why Is There A Gap Between My Mattress And Headboard?
There is a large gap between the mattress and headboard because of the wrong size of either mattress or bed frame. This gap can cause pain and discomfort, especially if you are sharing the bed with a partner. If your bed is too low, it can put pressure on your neck and spine when you are sleeping. If the bed is too high, your feet will fall off the end and you will be in danger of falling out of bed. A correct mattress-to-headboard height should be at least 18 inches, but most beds are much lower than that. This means that there is a lot of room for improvement if you want to make sure that your sleep is comfortable. There are several ways to fix this problem, including buying a new bed or adjusting the frame yourself.
3 Best Headboards To Get
- Amazon Basics Martha Traditional Style Bookcase Headboard
- Nathan James Remi Queen Size Button Tufted Wall Mount Headboard
- LUCID Mid-Rise Upholstered Headboard-Adjustable
1. Wrong Sizes
A gap between the mattress and headboard is typically caused by the wrong sizes of either the headboard or mattress. If the headboard is too large, it will extend past the edge of the mattress, leaving a space.
If the mattress is too large, it will sag in the middle and create a gap. To fix this issue, you’ll need to find a headboard that’s the same size as your mattress or chose a smaller one if your mattress is on the larger side. Additionally, make sure that your mattress is properly fitted to your bed frame; if it isn’t, you may need to replace it.
2. Wrong Structure Of Bed Frame
A gap between the mattress and the headboard of a bed can be caused by a problem with the bed frame structure. The gap may be due to weakness in the frame or lack of support for the mattress. If the gap is persistent, it may be because of an issue with the bed’s springs or its overall construction. A bed frame should have strong construction that supports the mattress and prevents gaps between it and the headboard. If there is a problem with this frame, it will likely result in a gap between these surfaces.
3. Different Companies
1) If you’re using a different company for the headboard and mattress, there could be size discrepancies. This can cause problems because the gaps between those two pieces of furniture are often too large.
2) Another reason why the gap between the two pieces of furniture might be too large is if one of them isn’t being mounted correctly. If the headboard isn’t sitting flush against the wall or if it’s tilted outwards, then there will be a space between it and the bedframe.
3) And finally, if you’re using a foam or memory foam mattress, it’ll take up more space than a traditional bedframe.