There are many reasons to use ball mason jars. They’re high quality and last a long time. They’re also great for canning and preserving food. And they’re perfect for gifts and crafts. Here are just a few of the reasons to use ball mason jars.
Mason jars are made of high-quality glass that is durable and lasts a long time. This makes them ideal for canning and preserving food. The seal on a Mason jar is airtight, which means your food will stay fresh longer. Mason jars are also freezer-safe, so you can store canned goods in the freezer for up to a year.
Mason jars are also great for gifts and crafts. You can fill them with homemade jams, jellies, or preserves. Or you can decorate them with ribbon and fabric to create unique gifts.
However, in this post, we’ll talk about does ball still make jars?
Let’s find out!
Does Ball Still Make Jars?
In 1858, John Landis Mason received a patent for his invention of the screw-on lid and revolutionized canning. Homeowners could now preserve fruits, vegetables and jams for later consumption. The Ball Corporation bought the patent and began mass production of mason jars. The company continued to dominate the market for over 100 years.
But as of now ball is no longer manufacturing ball mason jars.
3 Best Ball Mason Jars To Consider
- Ball Nesting Mason Jar Set, Wide Mouth, Pint, 12-Pack
- Ball Wide Mouth Pint and Half Glass Mason Jars with Lids and Bands
- Ball Jar Rose Vintage Regular Mouth Pint Canning Jars
1) The End
It’s the end of the line for ball and mason jars. After years, the company decided that it’ll no longer be making mason jars. A sad day for those of us who have been using these jars for canning and other purposes.
Mason jars have been around for over 100 years and have been used by generations of Americans. They are a part of our history and heritage. Canning food in mason jars is a tradition that has been passed down from generation to generation.
The news of ball’s decision to stop making mason jars came as a shock to many of us. We had hoped that the company would find a way to keep this tradition alive. But alas, it was not to be.
This is truly the end of an era.
2) Still A Recognized Brand
1. Ball does not manufacture mason jars but it’s still a recognized brand. The company started in 1880 and was known for its quality products.
2. Over the years, Ball has diversified its product line and is now known for a variety of home goods, including canning supplies, storage containers, and more.
3. Despite no longer manufacturing mason jars, Ball is still a go-to brand for canning and preserving food. The company’s products are known for their quality and durability, making them a trusted choice for home cooks.
3) Kerr Is Another Option
Kerr was founded in 1903 by Mr. Kerr. He started the company after he invented a new type of closure for home canning jars. The Kerr self-sealing mason jar became very popular and was used by many people for canning fruits and vegetables.
If you’re looking for an alternative to Ball mason jars, Kerr is a great option. Their products are high quality and they offer a wide variety of options to choose from as well.