Most people ask this question a lot: Can I use silicone spray on my treadmill?
A somewhat similar question is also asked: What can I use to lubricate my treadmill belt?
So, we decided to give you a concise answer to those similar questions.
Let’s get started!
Absolutely, you can apply silicone spray on treadmill.
WD 40 is among the most common choice when it comes to silicone sprays.
Although, you can use any from various options listed here on Amazon.
Here’s a list of some other lubricant options that you can use:
- Cooking Oil (Any oil such as olive, canola, coconut will work)
- Vaseline (It’s a universal lubricant and works great almost in all situations)
- Automobile Grade Grease (This is highly rated and standard grease used in automobiles)
- White Lithium Grease (This one is also a great option)
- Teflon Spray (This is hugely used in automobiles as well)
- PTFE Spray (This one is not so great in terms of lubricating the treadmill)
- Dielectric Grease (As the name implies it’s a grease and is great for the use on treadmill)
If you already have silicone spray meant for other purposes like door hinges for example, than still you can apply the same on your treadmill to see if it works.
When To Apply For Maximum Performance?
We recommend that you put the silicone spray every 3 months for maximum performance. This way your treadmill will last for long and let you keep yourself healthy.
For your ease here’s a good way to keep yourself tracked:
- 1st week of March (First application of the year)
- 1st week of June (Second application of the year)
- 1st week of September (Third application of the year)
- 1st week of December (Fourth application of the year)
How Much To Apply?
The amount of the silicone you put on your treadmill also plays a huge role. You approximately need 1 ounce of spray on each application.
Obviously, you can’t really calculate while spraying so in that case it’s better that you spray until you feel that you covered every part of the belt and with enough spray.
For Cleaning Purposes
If you occasionally get stains on your treadmill for various reasons in that case we recommend you to use scotchgard.
Before applying make sure that you first clean it with warm water and cloth or even do dusting beforehand to make things much better.
Can I use silicone spray on my treadmill? Absolutely, you can. In fact, it’s one of the best possible lubricants that you can put on it for improved performance.